I’m not sure what kin would want this, as I’m not one myself, but it’s vegan/vege and tastes pretty good for those who want something very sweet and cool in summer.
- Two bananas
- a couple of tablespoons of soy (or whatever milk you like) milk (enough to make it slightly liquid/smooth)
- a swirl of maple syrup
- natural colouring (plum juice, etc)
- sprinkle of unrefined natural sugar
–end of to taste–
- Break the bananas into pieces and place in the freezer. Leave for about two/three hours.
- Place into a food processor, add milk and blend until a kind of paste.
- Add all of the ‘to taste’ ingredients, or some of them (whatever you like). Blend again.
- Place in a container with a lid and put back in the freezer for about 1/2 to a full hour.
- Eat and enjoy!
It isn’t the exact same texture as ice cream, but it taste good.
Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies Recipe:
(Makes 30 cookies)Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients. Let batter stand for approximately 20 minutes, then drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely, then place cookies in a freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze.
Nutritional Information (per cookie):
47 calories; 7.5 g carbs; 1.6 g fat; 1.5 g protein; 1.3 g fiber; 1 WW PointsPlus