Simple Ice Cream
I’m not sure what kin would want this, as I’m not one myself, but it’s vegan/vege and tastes pretty good for those who want something very sweet and cool in summer.
- Two bananas
- a couple of tablespoons of soy (or whatever milk you like) milk (enough to make it slightly liquid/smooth)
- a swirl of maple syrup
- natural colouring (plum juice, etc)
- sprinkle of unrefined natural sugar
–end of to taste–
- Break the bananas into pieces and place in the freezer. Leave for about two/three hours.
- Place into a food processor, add milk and blend until a kind of paste.
- Add all of the ‘to taste’ ingredients, or some of them (whatever you like). Blend again.
- Place in a container with a lid and put back in the freezer for about 1/2 to a full hour.
- Eat and enjoy!
It isn’t the exact same texture as ice cream, but it taste good.
Hello! For a very yummy potato chip alternative that not many people know of, I would suggest plantain chips. They are salted, dried, banana chips and a very good vegan snack food, but they still have the potato chip flavor. I'm not sure who this would be useful for, but I think that there would be somebody who would appreciate this. Thanks!
Yes! Plantain chips are delicious. Regular banana chips are great, too! And just as addictive as potato chips.
Blueberry Ginger Ice Cream (raw, vegan, gluten free, soy free)
2 frozen bananas
1 heaping cup frozen blueberries
1/2 inch fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp ginger powder if you’re using a food processor)
1/4 cup cashews
2 tsp lemon juice
2-4 tbsp almond or hemp milk
Space Rocket Recipe
What you need:
- - 4 baby carrots
- - 1 apple
- - Paring knife
- - 1 banana
- - 1 large plate
1. Peel and cut the banana in half and place it in the middle of your plate. The banana will be the body of your rocket.
2. Parent Alert: Use the paring knife to cut a few apple wedges to place below the body of your rocket. The apples will be your rocket fire.
3. Put two baby carrots on each side of the banana. The carrots will be the wings of the rocket.
4. Once you have all the pieces in place, you’re ready for lift off so dig in!