hello friends, im an elfkin and i often come across the problem where i crave the texture/weight of meat, but get sick with guilt when i try to eat meat. to all the other elf/fae/any kinds of kin that also experience this struggle, i have found that cherries- the kinds with the pits in them- are a great substitute! theyre very “meaty” little guys, without the guilt factor.
ive also found that around these times, or the times when meat isnt such a guilt trip but i still rather have lighter foods, seafood is a godsend. things like salmon and shrimp are awesome when youre looking for lighter, “cleaner” foods while still getting the protein you need to remain healthy.
i also noticed, while sifting through the harry potter tag, a bit of a struggle to find savoury foods that are still wizardy. im not an expert on wizardkin, but i do live around the wizarding world of harry potter! these recipes arent going to be the exact ones they use at the parks, but here are some of the entrees/heavier foods that they serve at the leaky cauldron/three broomsticks!
- toad in the hole
- fish n chips
- beef, lamb, and guinness stew
- fish(erman’s) pie
- scotch eggs
- cottage pie
- chicken sandwich; … it’s really just.. a lightly crusted chicken breast with mayo and sun dried(??) tomatoes, but man it’s so good if i get the Real Recipe, i’ll definitely submit it.
there are more but they’re a bit generic- ribs, turkey legs, smoked chicken, but those above are decidedly the most british and harry potter-y. with the opening of the new park (july eighth), theres bound to be people trying to replicate the new candies and dishes as well so i’ll keep an eye out for those!
also, to my fellow earthkin, pumpkin juice is absolutely fantastic and relatively good for you. im embarrassingly addicted to the stuff- it tastes just like home.
That sounds amazing! I bet you could do that with all sorts of berry ice creams.
That’s a really sweet idea, love, I may just do that myself.
1. Rainbow Pudding Pops by Sandy Toes and Popsicles
2. Raspberry Limeade Ice Pops by Poofy Cheeks
3. Orange Julius Popsicles by A Night Owl
4. Banana Split on a Stick by Damy Health
5. Mango Popsicles by Katy She Cooks
6. Root Beer Float Pops by Erin Cooks
7. Pineapple Coconut Cilantro Popsicles by Keep Your Diet Real
8. Blackberry and Lime Popsicles by Baked Bree
9. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Pudding Pops by Endless Simmer
10. Lemonade Stand Popsicles by Somewhere Splendid
11. Cereal and Milk Popsicles by The Little Foodie
12. Pomegranate Yogurt Pops by The Kitchn
13. Easy, Creamy, Lemon Dream Popsicles by Whipped
14. Fresh Fruit Popsicles by PopSugar
15. Peanut Butter Oreo Popsicles by Pass the Sushi16. Berry Yogurt Popsicles by SkinnyTaste19. Boston Cream Pie Popsicles by Something Swanky
20. Homemade Frozen Jello Pops by For the Love of Food
21. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles by Chocolate & Carrots
22. Sunshine Pops by Martha Stewart
23. Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles by ShowFood Chef
24. Lemonade & Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Eat Good 4 Life
25. Honeydew Popsicles by Pass the Sushi
26. Watermelon Pops by Kraft
27. Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Popsicles by All Day I Dream About Food
28. Cookies and Cream Popsicles by Just Baked
29. Nutella Fudgesicles by Daily Waffle
30. Mango Orange Yogurt Popsicles by 6 Bittersweets
31. Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles by Bakers Royale