I have a friend who is demonkin who has said that the best thing they have found to combat cravings for human souls/flesh is to combine pork, chicken, and eggs. Just thought I would share that little tip, and say that I absolutely LOVE this blog.
And this blog absolutely loves you, random anonymous follower.
Oh! I just remembered something that might help a demonkin especially one with a sweet tooth. Blood oranges are amazing, once you have them peeled they basically look like a small heart, they have the perfect dark red color and when you bite into one it just gushes red juice. To me they taste like a cross between an orange and a raspberry
ahh my demonkin friend noticed that you can usually buy blood at the butchers, and you can ask. usually if they inquire why, he tells them he is making blood jelly ( an actual food )
Original recipe makes 24 pieces
- 2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- Bring the rice, water, and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand, covered, for about 10 minutes to absorb any excess water. Set rice aside to cool.
- Lightly mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, chili powder, and wasabi paste in a bowl, breaking the tuna apart but not mashing it into a paste.
- To roll the sushi, cover a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay a sheet of nori, rough side up, on the plastic wrap. With wet fingers, firmly pat a thick, even layer of prepared rice over the nori, covering it completely. Place about 1 tablespoon each of diced cucumber, carrot, and avocado in a line along the bottom edge of the sheet, and spread a line of tuna mixture alongside the vegetables.
- Pick up the edge of the bamboo rolling sheet, fold the bottom edge of the sheet up, enclosing the filling, and tightly roll the sushi into a thick cylinder. Once the sushi is rolled, wrap it in the mat and gently squeeze to compact it tightly. Cut each roll into 6 pieces, and refrigerate until served.
Unfortunately, there’s no picture available, but here’s a Spiced Lava Cake recipe for fire spirits, dragons, and chocolate lovers! Contains alcohol, but I imagine you can leave it out.
Molten Spiced Chocolate Cabernet Lava Cakes
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries ( or other fruit)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter 4 (6 oz) custard cups/souffle dishes. Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate & butter until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted and blended inches
- Stir in wine, vanilla & sugar untiled well blended.
- Whisk in eggs & egg yolk.
- Stir in cinnamon and ginger.
- Divide into dishes.
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes (I’ve noticed some ovens take the full 20 minutes so watch carefully after 15 minutes) or until sides are firm but centers are soft.
- Remove and let stand for one minute. Loosen edges with knife and invert onto plates.
- sprinkle with confectioners sugar and decorate each serving with raspberries.
Fire Breathing Dragon jelly shot!
For Fire spirits, Dragons, and any other fire lovers!
- 2/3 cup mango vodka
- 1/8 inch thick slice of fresh jalapeno pepper (with seeds)
- 2/3 cup mango juice blend (used Ceres)
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 2/3 cup peach schnapps
In a mixing glass, lightly muddle the jalapeno with the vodka. Set aside.
Pour the mango juice into a saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
Strain the vodka through thoroughly to remove any seeds, and add to the gelatin mixture with the schnapps. Stir well.
Pour into loaf pan or molds. Refrigerate until fully set (several hours or overnight). To serve, cut into desired shapes (or unmold).
For the demonkin looking for saucy meat recipes, I'd suggest bulgogi, or even Korean bbq recipes in general.
I’ll post a few bulgogi recipes in two shakes, thanks!
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- In a bowl, mix the tomato puree, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, red pepper, and sage.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove chops from heat and set aside. Place the onion and green bell pepper in the skillet, and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Return pork to skillet, and cover with the tomato puree mixture. Cover skillet, and continue cooking 30 minutes, or to desired donenes