Blacken stuff, it tastes awesome!
I am a demonkin and I have come to love all things blackened, for those who may not know, blackening is coating meats (may also do it to things other than meat, but I only ever see it done to meat) in a layer of spices. My favorite blackening rub is as follows:
1 Tbsp of paprika
1 Tbsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp of union powder
1 Tbsp of ground dried thyme
1 tbsp of black pepper
1 tbsp of ground cayenne
1 tbsp of dried basil
1 tbsp of oregano
I hope someone tries and enjoys this! thanks your time.
The plums that have red on the inside look kind of like a heart when you bite into it. Blended it looks like bloody flesh. It could be good for vampires sirens demons etc
demonkin here, i just sprinkled pop rocks over cotton candy and ate it and it was the best thing ever, satisfied my craving for souls/spirits for one night
I have a recipe for meat-loving kin that want something to sorta simulate skin and blood!
They’re called Barbecue Cups~
So first thing’s first, you need Pilsbury roll dough and ground beef/whatever ground meat you want and barbecue sauce of your choice, and a cupcake tin.
1. Butter the tin
2. Put the roll dough in the tin so you have room to put the meat in. Save some dough to cover the top if you want!
3. cook the meat with the barbecue sauce you want and scoop it into the dough cups
4. Add whatever else you want (hot sauce, onions, anything)
5. Cover the cups with more dough
6. Bake for the directed amount of time
7. And you’re done! You can add some Worcestershire for a more “bloody” affect, too!
- A very hungry dragonkin!
i find that if you combine a&w cream soda with a rich vanilla ice cream it makes a smooth sweet float that tastes (and feels) like delicious souls, especially if you spoon off the foam that collects on the top and eat it. just thought that might help someone.
I saw the anon ask about freezing grapes and would like to add that you can do the same thing with any sort of berry. I do it with blackberries,raspberries , and blueberries and it makes a fantastic snack in the middle of the night when the shadows are darkest ~ A food loving shadow
This may sound weird but, when I think of souls I think of Airheads. Not sure why, maybe because they're unique. They're a taffy but not. They have a nice tang and I like the idea of a semi sticky/chewy but not very so damned soul. I'm sure that sounds odd but I'm curious if any demonkin agree on this.
Jalapeno Popper Corn Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn and jalapeno.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place bread crumbs on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and jalapeno slices. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Realistic Chocolate Skulls
The etsy shop Black Chocolate Co. sells realistic, life-sized human skulls made of chocolate. I imagine this would be a satisfying (though pricey) treat for all sorts of folks whose kintypes might chow down on human bones.