Melon Pie: Melon, Egg, and Butter (from HM:AWL)
Tomamelo Salad: Tomato and Melon (from HM:AWL)
- 1 7-8 lb. seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (goat or sheep milk feta is best)
- 2 cups of honey dew melon, balled or cubed
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon mandarin orange zest (or any citrus fruit if you like)
- 4 mint leaves, minced
- Mulch your minced mint leaves, mandarin orange zest and agave nectar together (I just used the back of a metal spoon to achieve this, and only a few mulches will do the trick)
- Drizzle over melon balls and toss together
- Serve chilled
Check out the other recipes, too!
Melon Lime Fizzy Soft Drinks
- Ball a honeydew melon and freeze them; or, buy frozen melon chunks.
- Cut the rind off a seedless watermelon and juice it. If you don’t have a juicer you can put chunks into a blender and puree, then pour it through a strainer. Refrigerate the juice and a bottle of sparkling lime flavored water.
- To serve, throw some chunks of honeydew in the glass like ice. Fill half-way with sparkling water and top it off with the watermelon juice and a lime wedge. It looks so pretty, too.
1 honeydew melon, ripe
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons gin
Cut melon into 6 wedges (top to bottom) and cut off rind. Place in large plastic container with lid along with juice and gin. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning over container from time to time to coat all slices. When ready to serve, slice each wedge into 4 to 5 thin slices and arrange as a fan on the plate. Drizzle remaining marinade over slices and garnish with lemon zest and mint. Place a small serving of Lime-Basil Sorbet on top or beside, if you wish.