Watermelon Mint Sorbet
- 4 pounds of watermelon, seeded and scooped into big chunks (that’s the most that would fit in my blender)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon raw (turbinado) sugar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons white rum
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon mint, chopped (I wish I had used more than pictured above!)
- Toss watermelon chunks, sugar, lime juice and rum in a blender. Pulverize the watermelon (to pulverize sounds like more fun than to purée, right?).
- Add the mint and blend until the mint is chopped into large flecks.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for a few hours. Serve.
Read More at: http://cookieandkate.com/2011/watermelon-mint-sorbet/