- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into very thin strips
- 1 1/2 lbs small fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Separate broccoli in to flowerets; cut stalks into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet at medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in onion; stir-fry 2 minutes; add in broccoli and carrot; stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Add in mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet cooke the potatoes, onion and mushrooms in butter until potatoes are lightly browned.
3. Stir in the sausage, salt and pepper and heat through. (I added a little fresh parsley!)
This only makes 2 servings so be sure to double this if necessary.
Wild Tart recipe (via Wild Edible Texas: Wild Onions)